Feng shui expert Patrick Lim Fernandez explains the stars and energies that will affect each Chinese zodiac sign this 2023.
January 22, 2023 marks the beginning of the year of the Romantic Water Rabbit—a year of hope and reinvigoration. Joining the tiger and dragon to form the trio of spring signs in the Chinese Zodiac, the year of the rabbit is one of rebirth and rejuvenation.
The “romance” bit of the year comes from the sign’s association with the peach blossom star, which invites good energy for relationships. Peach blossoms grow in pairs, that’s why they’ve historically become a symbol for love in Chinese culture.
Feng shui and Chinese metaphysics expert Patrick Lim Fernandez of the Yin and Yang Shop of Harmony explains that this year is a good time for deepening, rekindling, and nurturing relationships, whether personal or professional.
Those born in the year of the horse have it best in 2023—their charts show that this is their year to strengthen their relationships. The snake will also enjoy lucrative opportunities from the new and reinforced bonds that they will form in the year of the Rabbit.
While romance is in the air for the year, it’s not all blossoms and rainbows for some! The rat, for instance, has to be mindful of the “illusory romance” star, which may throw sources of temptation their way. Meanwhile, the rabbit—this year’s star—has to watch out for instances of discord in their personal and professional life.
Curious how you’ll fare in love and life this year? Here are Patrick’s forecasts for each Chinese Zodiac sign for the year of the Romantic Water Rabbit:
Rat (1948, 1960, 1972, 1984, 1996, 2008)
- In terms of relationships, this is the year to nurture existing ones and make new bonds, whether personal or professional. Luck and positive chi will come out from these new relationships.
- There is also a star for money and wealth luck, so maximize your earning potential and manage your investments and sources of passive income well.
- There is, however, an illusory romance star that might attract sources of temptation that can affect your relationships. Keep a clear moral compass and be more discerning as to not make decisions that will hurt your loved ones.
- Rumors and gossip may also affect you this year, so keep a straight path and a level head, and avoid the undue stress caused by hearsay.
Ox (1949, 1961, 1973, 1985, 1997, 2009)
- With hurdles and obstacles coming your way, plan each of your undertakings with contingencies and allowances in mind.
- With the disaster energy in your sign, consult with an expert regarding the optimal layout of your house and office spaces.
- This is a year of fluctuating emotions—keep calm and do not make important decisions in times of highs or lows.
- The Sky Dog star signals you to be extra cautious. Be mindful of your safety, especially when doing physical activities or while traveling.
Tiger (1950, 1962, 1974, 1986, 1998, 2010)
- You are blessed with an enhanced social star this year, which will increase your chances of being regarded in your professional or personal life.
- However, you might find yourself quite restless or burdened with bouts of anxiety. Pay close attention to your mental health.
- Also be mindful of your physical well-being. Achieve a good work-life balance, eat a good diet, get some exercise, and sleep well.
- There’s also a mischievous star that might make you lose more things than usual. Be mindful of your belongings.
Rabbit (1951, 1963, 1975, 1987, 1999, 2011)
- This is your year! With the Tai Suey star, the spotlight is on you. It’s time to showcase your skills and talents.
- You also have an Academic or Intelligence Star. You will learn things quickly—take the time to study and apply new knowledge.
- The Jade Hall Star bodes well for your assets, income, and new investments.
- However, watch out for discord this year. Take the necessary steps to avoid or mitigate the effects of personal or professional conflict.
Dragon (1952, 1964, 1976, 1988, 2000, 2012)
- The Great Sun Star ushers in yang energy. Interact more with the men in your life, as the luck will flow from them.
- The Climbing Saddle Star signifies opportunities for promotion and professional advancement. There may be changes, relocations, and related possibilities.
- You might get disinterested in the things and people around you—even those that have previously piqued your interest. Remind yourself of your “whys” and be grateful for your opportunities.
- The Sky Emptiness Star pushes you to pivot quickly in times of change. Don’t be stuck in just one way of thinking.
Snake (1953, 1965, 1977, 1989, 2001, 2013)
- A star for travel attracts opportunities for you to do so, whether for work or for your personal life. It’s better to travel over water, as this will attract energy.
- The above opportunities will also expand your horizons and attract positive change.
- There will also be lucrative opportunities from the new bonds and relationships you will form this year.
- However, this year will also be prone to communication breakdowns and miscommunication. Always clarify if messages have been sent properly, and put things into perspective.
- Since you may be prone to bad moods this year, be aware of your temper and don’t take out this negative energy on other people.
Horse (1954, 1966, 1978, 1990, 2002, 2014)
- The Great Moon Star ushers in yin energy. Luck will flow from the women in your life, so foster your relationships with them.
- The energy from the peach blossom star makes this year a prime opportunity to foster and mend relationships.
- You might find yourself quite aggressive in pursuing wealth this year. Know your limits and don’t overextend your budgets.
- Also be mindful of your words this year, as you may inadvertently hurt someone with them.
Goat (1955, 1967, 1979, 1991, 2003, 2015)
- The Authority and Fame Star presents opportunities for expansion at work/in your career, in business, or in your personal life.
- This will be a creative year; pursue your passion projects and create new things. Apply that energy too at work and business.
- With the Float Sink star, you might feel an energy in which you feel frustrated over stagnating in life. Power through this.
- The Five Spirit star may also leave you prone to being irritable. Always center yourself and keep a level head.
Monkey (1956, 1968, 1980, 1992, 2004, 2016)
- The commander star pertains to leadership opportunities in your life, be it in business, career, or your personal life. You will get the chance to work with people from many walks of life.
- Your monthly virtue star will allow you to enjoy the support of benefactors or people of influence. Use this to your advantage as you pursue leadership opportunities. Seek out mentor figures and opportunities for goodwill.
- A robbery star signifies loss, whether material or non-material. Be always aware of where you put your things, resources, and don’t take unnecessary risks.
- Financially, be more aware of your budgets—don’t let small expenses chip away at your money.
Rooster (1957, 1969, 1981, 1993, 2005, 2017)
- As the conflict sign with the rabbit, those born in the year of the rooster may experience more changes and disruption than usual. Hence, it is important to take a proactive stance, rather than a reactive one, toward these untoward events.
- To increase your positive chi or energy, attend or administer events that draw happiness in. Unless necessary, avoid places like wakes, funerals, and hospitals.
- With the calamity star, be mindful of your disaster energy, be prudent with your finances, and invest only in sound deals.
- With legal and contractual disputes looming, be more thorough when engaging in such matters.
Dog (1958, 1970, 1982, 1994, 2006, 2018)
- The emperor star bodes well for one’s career, business, and income sources. Set ambitious goals for the year and always keep yourself aligned with these targets.
- It’s also the year of problem solving, so seek out opportunities professionally and personally to do so.
- However, be mindful of one’s temper and health—balance your work and life, get enough sleep, and avoid too much stress.
- There might be times that you might feel alone, so be realistic when you ask for help from others.
Pig (1959, 1971, 1983, 1995, 2007, 2019)
- With the Sky Chef star, go ahead and celebrate happy events whether big or small. To increase positive chi, try cooking more often.
- This year, you might feel a lack of resolve. Don’t lose focus and see things through.
- With the White Tiger star, guard yourself against injuries and be mindful of how you move around.
- You might also get affected by false or insecure information, so always verify intel that gets to you and don’t be a conduit for things like fake news.
Other Forecasts for the Year of the Rabbit
Patrick further adds that the year sees less adverse health stars which means good news for one’s physical and mental well-being.
Historically, the year of the rabbit has been a period of good market returns, so one may be hopeful in their businesses or investments. However, the effects of and the looming shadows of recessions and crises will still make themselves present, so those in business are advised to be cautiously optimistic.
The fire industries (software, energy, communications, events and entertainment, F&B, etc.) and metal industries (banking, finance, hardware, healthcare, etc) will see increased luck. Meanwhile, the real estate sector, an earth element, will find average luck for the year.
The Yin and Yang Shop of Harmony is located at the New World Makati Hotel, Esperanza Street corner Makati Avenue 1228 Makati, Philippines.
For more information, a more detailed reading, or to schedule a consultation with the Yin and Yang Shop of Harmony, get in touch with them by calling 632 7752 5882 or 632 8811 6888; emailing email@example.com; visiting their official website; or checking out their official Facebook page.
Header Photo: Gucci